Here are 50 Tips & for 3ds Max. The most common tips and tricks that have become part of the everyday workflow for many 3ds Max® users.
1. Use the Rename Objects tool to rename several objects at once.
2. Disable autobackup when working on complicated scenes to help avoid crashing (save often).
3. Save incrementally to keep a record of progress.
4. Insert camera at perspective view by pressing CONTROL + C
5. Use ALT + X to turn selected object transparent. Repeat to remove.
6. Use ALT + Q to isolate a selected object.
7. Assign hot keys for common tasks (such as Max’s default keys Q, W, E, and R for Select, Move, Rotate, Scale).
8. Speed up workflow by setting objects to “Display as Box.”
9. Press 7 to display polys and verts count.
10. Increase scene undo level to step back further.
11. Right-click on Snap icon to access the snap settings.
12. Right-click on Transform icon to input values.
13. Create maxstart.max file to launch 3ds Max with default settings.
14. Use clipping planes to improve viewport speed.
15. Right-click over Select and Rotate icon to input values.
16. When creating a spline, press backspace to remove last created vert.
17. Hold control while panning to pan more quickly.
18. Press I to center view on cursor position.
19. Build to scale. Everything in 3ds Max works off proper ratios and units.
20. Consider Dark Theme for max environment for better contrast (easier on the eyes).
21. F3 switches Shaded Display to Wireframe and back.
22. F4 switches Shaded viewport to Shaded with Edges and back.
23. F5 will set transform operations to the X axis.
24. F6 will set transform operations to the Y axis.
25. F7 will set transform operations to the Z axis.